FIRST PRIVATE FREIGHT TERMINAL [PFT] IN THE COUNTRY
The Group set up a PFT in Hyderabad through its subsidiary, Continental Multimodal Terminals Ltd. [CMTL]. This is the first PFT set up in the country, post the new PFT Policy announced by the Government of India.
The facility, spread over 50 acres, is located at Timmapur (near Hyderabad) in close proximity to National Highway 7.
- PFT area of 44.40 acres, 6.40 acres of customs notified area
- PFT Warehouse of 16,165 sq.m.
- Approximately 1,410 for EXIM cargo
- Approximately 2,100 for Bonded Warehouse
- Railway siding with three full length lines capable of handling all traffic in Railway wagons and trains operated by Private Container train Operators for EXIM Trains.
CONTAINER HANDLING CAPACITY
- Container Handling Capacity – 71,952 TEUs p.a.
- Two Trailers
- 16 owned Trucks
- Four leased Cranes
- Three owned and one hired reach stackers
- Four forklifts ( Capacity range 3 to 15 tons)
- One Weighbridge ( Capacity of 100 tons)
- Rake Handling
- Storage Facilities
- Container Handling – Domestic & EXIM
- Customs Notified Warehouse
- Warehouse & Inventory Management
- Transportation & Distribution
- Ancillary Services like Weighbridge, Container Repairs etc.